Monroe County Live
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss everything dealing with Monroe County, Illinois.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

anyone taking care of an elderly parent or loved one?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
silencer

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-20

anyone taking care of an elderly parent or loved one? Empty
PostSubject: anyone taking care of an elderly parent or loved one?   anyone taking care of an elderly parent or loved one? Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:06 am

Hello guys, My name is Shev. I've been taking care of my old mum for nearly three years in our home.I used to hire a caregiver but I fired her after I witnessed how she verbally abused my mom. Now, Im focusing on my my second degree and it's really stressful to look after an old parent at this moment. Anyway, I'm also a single parent to a three year old son. Some of my friends advised to send my mum to a nursing home or any elder care facility, but the problem is the expenses it would incur for her yearly stay in that place. I think it's a good idea to get long term care plan for mum and myself, too, but I guess I should not rush. SO anyone who has experienced the same?

Back to top Go down

anyone taking care of an elderly parent or loved one?
Page 1 of 1