Discuss everything dealing with Monroe County, Illinois.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
telegraph.hill

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo?   Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:21 am

Which do you think is the best restaurant in Waterloo?

I haven't eaten out enough in Waterloo to really have a strong opinion on this, so I am looking for recommendations, as I would like to try more restaurants in the area.

So, which is best? Which should I try?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrsg

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo?   Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:40 pm

JV's Downtown Bar and Grill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orion972

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo?   Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:27 am

I agree with mrsg, JV's has really good food and a great atmosphere. I like Applebees and glad that we have one but you can find one anywhere. Gallagher’s is good but can be too pricey. My favorite restaurant was Lincoln Trail but they have been gone for quite awhile now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
good-dog

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo?   Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:27 am

I think JV's is good, but the family style chick served on Sunday's at Gallagher's is hard to beat.

If you are looking for a really good place to eat around Waterloo, drive out to Foster Pond and get some German food at Dream-Land Palace. It is REAL German food. Not just bratwerst.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2ag

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo?   Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:09 am

Sorry, but I would not call what they serve at Dream-Land Palace "REAL" German food. My husband came here from Germany 10 years ago and he is embarrassed that people think that is what German food tastes like. Just for the record what an American calls a Bratwurst is not the same as what a German Bratwurst is. Go to Germany to have "REAL" German food, it's delicious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo?   

Back to top Go down

Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo?
Page 1 of 1