Monroe County Live
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss everything dealing with Monroe County, Illinois.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
telegraph.hill

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-02-24

Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo? Empty
PostSubject: Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo?   Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 7:21 am

Which do you think is the best restaurant in Waterloo?

I haven't eaten out enough in Waterloo to really have a strong opinion on this, so I am looking for recommendations, as I would like to try more restaurants in the area.

So, which is best? Which should I try?
Back to top Go down
mrsg

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo?   Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 3:40 pm

JV's Downtown Bar and Grill
Back to top Go down
Orion972

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo?   Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 11:27 am

I agree with mrsg, JV's has really good food and a great atmosphere. I like Applebees and glad that we have one but you can find one anywhere. Gallagher’s is good but can be too pricey. My favorite restaurant was Lincoln Trail but they have been gone for quite awhile now.
Back to top Go down
good-dog

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo?   Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 9:27 am

I think JV's is good, but the family style chick served on Sunday's at Gallagher's is hard to beat.

If you are looking for a really good place to eat around Waterloo, drive out to Foster Pond and get some German food at Dream-Land Palace. It is REAL German food. Not just bratwerst.
Back to top Go down
2ag

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo?   Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 8:09 am

Sorry, but I would not call what they serve at Dream-Land Palace "REAL" German food. My husband came here from Germany 10 years ago and he is embarrassed that people think that is what German food tastes like. Just for the record what an American calls a Bratwurst is not the same as what a German Bratwurst is. Go to Germany to have "REAL" German food, it's delicious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo?   Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which is the best restaurant in Waterloo?
Page 1 of 1