Monroe County Live
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss everything dealing with Monroe County, Illinois.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's your take on Iraq?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rendy

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-02-21

What's your take on Iraq? Empty
PostSubject: What's your take on Iraq?   What's your take on Iraq? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 1:20 am

Hello.

Does anybody here have husbands, wives, and children deployed in Iraq? Congress is now debating the pros and cons of a troop build-up. More personnel going in usually means more body bags going out. It could also become a major drain to the US economy. Is there a possibility of Iraq becoming another Vietnam?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bloggersreview.blogspot.com
Lee

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-02-23

PostSubject: Re: What's your take on Iraq?   What's your take on Iraq? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 10:25 pm

I think the war is taking way longer than what people expected when they first started this mission.

I don't see an end to this war issue.

By the way, I'm from Canada so I think that my opinion could be different from the others.

Last edited by on Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: What's your take on Iraq?   What's your take on Iraq? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 10:52 pm

The Senate Democrats are trying to push that new resolution through that would limit George W.'s actions in Iraq, as well as a total combat troop pullout by 2008.

Who knows what will happen.
Back to top Go down
https://monroecountylive.editboard.com
Lee

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-02-23

PostSubject: Re: What's your take on Iraq?   What's your take on Iraq? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 2:30 pm

In my opinion, a pullout by 2008 is a very unlikely scenario. If it will end soon, I think it would take at least a couple more years. Maybe a pullout by 2009 would be a better bet.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's your take on Iraq?   What's your take on Iraq? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 3:14 pm

Yeah, I'm sure in the coming weeks we will know more about this. Seems like they are pushing pretty hard for a reduction in Presidential power over there.
Back to top Go down
Reasonable

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What's your take on Iraq?   What's your take on Iraq? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 5:25 pm

we were attacked. sadam broke security council resolutions. Sadam was mass murdering people. I cant think of better reasons to go in and take names.

Just like vietnam, the cowards and enemys within our country - especially the liberal press and the fondas of our day, are working hard to undermine this administrations attempts to stand up for democracy and beliefs that all people have a right to be free and safe.

We lost 8,000 soldiers per month, average, in world war II. Unfortunate, but necessary. We have had no, zippo, zero terrorist attacks in this country since going on the aggressive. We have lost precious lives in Iraq, but relatively few.

For those who get angry when you read this - do me a favor and save it. Take it back out and read it should a terrost bomb take out 100 americans in some neighborhood walmart. You will agree with me then.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's your take on Iraq?   What's your take on Iraq? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 5:30 pm

Good points indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your take on Iraq?   What's your take on Iraq? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your take on Iraq?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monroe County Live :: General :: World News/Current Events-
Jump to: